The key to finding success on any dating site like and particularly on Loveawake is to make sure that your personal profile is unique, compelling and fun. Here are a few easy-to-follow guidelines for posting an intriguing personal profile. Need tips for your photo?
- Read our Guidelines. Do this before you post a profile so you can be sure that your profile will get posted on the site. All personal profiles are subject to rejection or removal if they do not meet our guidelines.
- Write a catchy headline. Make it memorable but don’t be boastful. “Saucy Princess seeks Sensitive Pirate for Midnight Raid” tells a lot more about you than “SWM craves Attention.”
- Post a photo. Want more responses? The easiest way to get noticed is to on your personal profile. Try to find a picture that shows how you normally look (because that’s the person we want to meet!). Read our tips for choosing a photo.
- Describe yourself and the person you’re seeking. What makes you unique? People are more likely to respond to your profile if they are attracted by something you’ve told them about you. Focus on the positives.
- Show – don’t tell. Instead of saying “I like music, movies and restaurants,” offer specific examples. It’s more revealing to say you’re turned on by “Barry Manilow, Woody Allen flicks, and spicy Mexican food.”
- Be creative. Have fun with your profile! That way people will know they can have fun with you. Make your profile stand out by describing your most intriguing feature or your most memorable experience.
- Keep it brief. No one wants to read your life story. Write enough to catch someone’s attention. You can share the more personal details later.
- Don’t lie! Honesty can prevent disappointment for both you and your potential date. Just remember, you could end up meeting someone who reads your profile, so don’t say you’re 6’1″ if you’re really 5’4″.
- Double-check your spelling and grammar. People are more likely to take your profile seriously if you’ve put some thought into it. Use proper punctuation and capitalization. ADS WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS LOOK LIKE SHOUTING. profiles written in all lowercase with no punctuation even commas are hard for readers to understand dont you agree