“Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself and know that everything in life has a purpose.” ~Elisabeth Ross
Why are here? What is your purpose? If you are a living, breathing, functional human being-you have a purpose. So let’s dish- what’s yours?
I’ll give you two hints:
- You’re purpose is tied to what you love. The universe places desires in us for a reason. Follow your joy, your purpose is nearby.
- You’re purpose has more to do with others than it has to do with you. You were placed on this earth for a reason-to contribute. What are your talents? Gifts? They too are tied to your purpose.
Without a purpose in life, it’s easy to get sidetracked on your journey. You drift along, accomplishing little all the while feeling like something is “missing”. I discovered my life purpose fairly recently, but since I have, everything I do has become intentional and it is easy to inject passion into what I do-I am fulfilled. My life purpose is:
To use my creativity, and passion to inspire and empower women to love themselves first, and live out the life of their dreams.
Now everything I do falls in line with this. If it sounds like a good opportunity, but is not aligned with my purpose, I know it’s not right for me.
So I’m asking you-what is your purpose? Who will you inspire? How will you contribute? If you have no clue whatsoever (which I hadn’t) here is a little exercise to help you out. I would love for you to do the exercise and then write what you come up with in the comments. I always find it so inspiring to hear what others have come to realize their purpose is, especially when it is the first time! Remember, to be truly happy you have to learn to inject passion dn purpose in everything you do. I love you.
The Life Purpose Exercise
- List two of your unique personal qualities, such as enthusiasm and creativity.
- List one or two ways you enjoy expressing those qualities when interacting with others, such as support and to inspire.
- Assume the world is perfect right now. What does this world look like? How is everyone interacting with everyone else? What does it feel like? Write your answer as a statement, in the present tense, describing the ultimate condition, the perfect world as you see it and feel it. Remember, a perfect world is a fun place to be.
Ex: everyone is freely expressing their own unique talents. Everyone is working in harmony. Everyone is expressing love.
- Combine the three prior subdivisions of this paragraph into a single statement
Ex: my purpose is to use my creativity and enthusiasm to support and inspire others to freely express their talents in a harmonious and loving way.