Don’t copy these example profiles because then everyone’s profile will say the same thing! Just use them as a reference.
Wacky single seeks same for romance (Woman Seeking Man)
Hello! I’m a 29-year-old, never-married, fun-loving woman who lives and works (very hard) in the San Francisco Bay Area. I’m 5’7″, 130 pounds with black hair, blue eyes, and bright green-painted toenails. I’m a huge music fan and love the Dave Matthews Band, Cake, Tom Petty, Susan Tedeschi, and the Gypsy Kings. I love all types of movies; my all-time favorites include “Raging Bull” and “It’s a Wonderful Life.” I also enjoy curling up with a good book, and right now I’m in the middle of “The Corrections.” I want to learn to play the guitar, speak Spanish, and snowboard with grace. What I value most in life is my rather large family, the Earth, and my hobby — photography. One day, I hope to become the coolest, sexiest mom with a van full of kids you’ve ever seen. If you love mushroom ravioli, romantic nights by a fire, and spring camping trips, please reply! I’m seeking an honest man between ages 27 and 35 who is taller than me, wants kids, likes to go hiking, lives nearby, and can appreciate a woman who’s often been called “refreshing.” Men who enjoy karaoke bars and foreign films earn extra points.
I’ll hold you late at night (Man Seeking Woman)
Are you looking for a sensitive man who’ll really listen to you after a hard day’s work? Look no further! I’m good looking: 6’1″, blonde, brown eyes, dark skin, nice lips. I may not be the smartest man in the world, but I work hard in every facet of my life. I’m also divorced with no children. I guarantee I can change the oil in your car in 10 minutes flat. Just looking for a woman who appreciates Sunday picnics, baseball games, fine French dining, Broadway shows, casual BBQ dinners on my porch, and a little imperfection every now and then.
The key to finding success on any dating site like and particularly on Loveawake is to make sure that your personal profile is unique, compelling and fun. Here are a few easy-to-follow guidelines for posting an intriguing personal profile. Need tips for your photo?
- Read our Guidelines. Do this before you post a profile so you can be sure that your profile will get posted on the site. All personal profiles are subject to rejection or removal if they do not meet our guidelines.
- Write a catchy headline. Make it memorable but don’t be boastful. “Saucy Princess seeks Sensitive Pirate for Midnight Raid” tells a lot more about you than “SWM craves Attention.”
- Post a photo. Want more responses? The easiest way to get noticed is to on your personal profile. Try to find a picture that shows how you normally look (because that’s the person we want to meet!). Read our tips for choosing a photo.
- Describe yourself and the person you’re seeking. What makes you unique? People are more likely to respond to your profile if they are attracted by something you’ve told them about you. Focus on the positives.
- Show – don’t tell. Instead of saying “I like music, movies and restaurants,” offer specific examples. It’s more revealing to say you’re turned on by “Barry Manilow, Woody Allen flicks, and spicy Mexican food.”
- Be creative. Have fun with your profile! That way people will know they can have fun with you. Make your profile stand out by describing your most intriguing feature or your most memorable experience.
- Keep it brief. No one wants to read your life story. Write enough to catch someone’s attention. You can share the more personal details later.
- Don’t lie! Honesty can prevent disappointment for both you and your potential date. Just remember, you could end up meeting someone who reads your profile, so don’t say you’re 6’1″ if you’re really 5’4″.
- Double-check your spelling and grammar. People are more likely to take your profile seriously if you’ve put some thought into it. Use proper punctuation and capitalization. ADS WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS LOOK LIKE SHOUTING. profiles written in all lowercase with no punctuation even commas are hard for readers to understand dont you agree