Have you been unfaithful to your partner and regret it? Find out how to write an apology letter for cheating…
There’s so many times I’ve let you down
So many times I’ve played around
I tell you now, they don’t mean a thing
Every place I go, Ill think of you
Every song I sing, Ill sing for you
Honesty is the cornerstone of every relationship. Dealing with a cheating spouse is perhaps one of the most traumatic experiences in life. Imagine the one person who is the cynosure of your attention, your object of affection betrays you and cheats on you – the feeling is unimaginable. There is no reason in this world, which can justify an act of infidelity and no justification sane enough to stop the hurt and pain caused. However, if you have committed an act of infidelity – be it a long kept secret affair or a stupid one-night stand – you should know that you owe your partner a BIG apology!
Relationships are a delicate affair and I cannot guarantee that an apology letter will ensure that your relationship would be mended, but you need to have the courtesy to apologize from your heart and let your partner know that you regret your actions! Here are some do’s and don’ts to keep in mind while writing an apology letter for cheating.
Apology Letter for Cheating – Tips for Writing an Apology Letter
- Writing an apology letter for cheating can be uncomfortable, but it is the price that you have to pay for cheating in the first place.
- Come out clean with the facts. Open your heart and write your feelings without any apprehensions.
- Begin with a genuine and heart felt ’sorry’.
- Apologize from the heart and keep the content real. Avoid excessively dramatic and flowery language.
- Do not include quotes or poems in the letter. Unless you are creative enough to compose a good one yourself!
- Let your partner know that you are genuinely regretting your actions. Keep on stressing how much you regret your actions.
- Tell your partner that the encounter didn’t mean anything at all to you and accept that you made a mistake.
- Do not get negative or bitter about your partner while explaining her/him about the reasons, which led to cheating.
- Do not mention unnecessary details about your infidel encounter which will aggravate your spouse! There is nothing that will make your spouse angrier than reading about the details of your affair.
- Lastly try and express what your relationship means to you and that you are willing to do anything to make it work.